Have an idea for an event, an activity, or a need on campus that directly impacts first-generation, low-income, undocumented, and/or immigrant students, particularyly graduate/professional students? Submit it to SSS!
SSS is pleased to support student-led program or event initiatives. These initiatives include, but are not limited to lectures, invited speakers, social activities, community engagement, art initiatives, and other programs or events on topics that pertain to first-generation, low-income, undocumented, or immigrant students at the University of Chicago. Individual research or travel by UChicago students will not be considered. SSS collaboration may include, but is not limited to, planning, financial, marketing, and/or thematic support. To have your idea considered, please submit a proposal.
Proposal should include a description of the proposed activities including:
- Basic logistical information: title, date, time, place
- Participants: main participants, such as invited speakers including UChicago affiliates, moderators, workshop leaders
- Audience: intended audience and ways to engage them
- Description of the content and thematic significance
- Itemized project budget including, whenever available, other funding sources secured or sought
- Participation in all activities must be free.
- The event must take place at the University of Chicago Hyde Park campus or in a venue within Chicagoland.
- Individual research projects or travel by University of Chicago students and faculty are ineligible proposals.
Proposals will be considered on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. Please submit your proposal to email@example.com or drop off a hard copy at 5710 S. Woodlawn Ave.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.